Portland’s favorite roof is a cedar shake, but people are looking for alternatives to costly wood. Jerry explains the pros and cons of synthetic shake roofs.
Benefits of Composite Shake Roofs
- Durability: BRAVA’s composite roof tiles are all rated Class 4, meaning shingles undergo rigorous impact testing to withstand heavy elements dropping on them. The heaviest of hailstorms couldn’t penetrate a synthetic roof.
- Versatile: There are a number of colors and styles to choose from with synthetic roofing. Even if composite tiles are among the most common roofing type, there’s no reason for them all to look the same!
- Environmentally Friendly: Most composite shingles are made from recycled materials, reducing your carbon footprint, and protecting the environment.
- Cost-Effective: Most importantly, synthetic roofs are friendly on your wallet. It’s easy installation and replacing it requires minimal work compared to other options.
- Resilience to Roof Moss: Living in a moist climate like that of Portland, roofs are extremely susceptible to roof moss. Composite roof shingles are resilient to those effects. The composite material absorbs less moisture, keeping the shape of the shingles over time. Synthetic material is constructed to withstand extreme weather and is fire retardant.